Saturday, March 17, 2012

So I have been on my 40 day journey, and my devotionals are exciting and eye opening.  This week I covered about busyness, truth vs lies, our judge, losing it, thank you's, how God provides and protects and praying for our ememies.  That last one really hit home for me this week, not that any of the others didn't either, but that one did.  I received and email in the middle of December that discouraged my heart.  I was giving my all, giving ideas, helping build and even marketing a great cause.  When all of a sudden the director told me that I was trying to receive personal gain and was not doing it for the good of the company!  WHAT!!! I felt as if I had a new enemy.  I have given 20+hrs for several weeks of my time, money and experience to help.  It was a cause I was very passionate about and felt like God was leading me there.  So for every accusation, I had a reply and answer.  "What is she thinking" is what I was thinking.  I responded to the entire email in haste, not seeking God for the answer, just a hurtful reply, but very truthful.  Now that I look back on that response I think even though I didnt seek God first ...he was in my words and told me exactly what to say.  I didnt speak to the director for over a month.  Then one day she stopped me, and said that she was sorry, but that this was her baby and very protective and has never had anyone want to help her so much for free.  That she went about it the wrong way.  Satan had me down for so long that I was swaying away from what I knew God wanted me to do.  I strongly beleive that God gives you challenges to make you stronger and I was not holding on to him completely thru this, but you can guarantee I learned from it.   I pray this helps someone today that is struggling with this type of situation and that it will make them refocus on the Lord to guide you through your trials.
 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.  
Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment