Friday, April 6, 2012

     So it has been awhile since I have posted anything on my 40 day journey, or my photography.  So let me play catch up!  My Son had to get a cast on his entire arm for breaking his thumb, so we had that removed the week after Spring Break which was supposed to be relaxing, but I was doing something everyday.  I also did the MS Mud Run with my friend Jamie Halstead, of J.Halstead Photography.  That was so much fun and amazing.  I also did fit some photography in there.
     My Prosper journey has been amazing though.  I have been reading through the devotional and somewhere in every chapter it seems like you are being reminded to tithe your 10% to God.  I have not always been faithful in doing that.  In fact I really stink at it!  The money that I make I consider fun money, so I never thought to take 10% and give it to God.  My thought process was "I am going to be giving it away to the kids and the Hubby, so why do I need to tithe?"  Maybe because he says so!...lol  So I recently started to put back my 10% and it feels good.  As soon as I walk in the door from work the first thing I do is take that 10% and place it in an envelope.  My plan is when I get more than 100.00 I will tithe it to either my local Christian Teen Center or my Church.  I may even split it down the middle.  Either way I am giving it back to God!  These last few weeks has been an eyeopener for this and I know that God always provides my needs, so why not be faithful to his word and give as he asks!
Malachi 3:10
"Bring to the storehouse a full tenth of what you earn, so that there may be food in my house.  Test me in this says the Lord All Powerful.  I will open the windows of Heaven for you and pour out all blessings you need."
Lesson Learned!






Here are a few pictures from my recent sessions and my MS Mud Run!











No comments:

Post a Comment